Wait, pizza with sweet chili sauce..um, YES! Considering that I love pizza (obviously) and Thai food, it was a no-brainer when I saw Closet Cooking’s recipe for Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce. I’ve seen various recipes for a Thai pizza, some with sweet chili sauce, and some with peanut sauce. Since I just had peanut sauce in one of my recipes last week (see my post 5 Quinoa Recipes To Try Today) I thought it would be good to change it up a bit. (Plus I’m running low on peanut butter. I might have had some stressful moments this week that resulted in me, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and a spoon. Yep, it was as delicious as it sounds!)
This was a good recipe to use up some of the veggies we had in the house before they went bad. Some purple cabbage, red bell pepper, and carrots made for a colorful pizza and a good dose of veggies. I wasn’t convinced my 4-year-old would eat it, but she actually ate an entire piece, only throwing a few red pepper pieces on the floor (we’re working on that one).
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 handful roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- I used a Boboli ready-made pizza crust
- I didn’t have bean sprouts, roasted peanuts, basil or cilantro so I omitted those
- I added about 1/4 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- I seasoned the chicken with a dash of garlic powder and black papper
- Heat 1/2 T coconut oil over medium heat. Sprinkle 2 thin sliced chicken breasts with some garlic powder and black pepper and cook over medium heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut up your veggies (carrots, red bell pepper, and purple cabbage).
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. (This will vary depending on what type of pizza crust/dough you are using).
- Spread sweet chili sauce over the pizza, excluding the crust. A thin layer of olive oil around the pizza crust will help make it nice and crispy.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over pizza followed by cooked chicken and veggies. Add remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (again, depends on what kind of pizza crust/dough you are using).
This pizza will definitely be staying in the rotation. It was very filling and I actually had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Pre-cut your veggies and use leftover or a rotisserie chicken and dinner prep will take you five minutes. Can’t beat that!
Do you have an easy recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust? If so, please share!
Don't Miss Out on Pizza Friday!
- Mommy Scientist Series: Why I’m Overhauling My Skincare Products (Part 1)
- Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award